Capiz vies for Gawad Pamana ng LahiAwards, feature 6:22 PM
|DEPARTMENT heads of the provincial government of Capiz present documents and receive inquiries from the Gawad Pamana ng Lahi regional evaluators. (FROILAN UNARCE, CAPIZ PROVINCIAL PRESS BUREAU)|
ROXAS City — Regional evaluators recently checked on the qualifications of Capiz for the prestigious Gawad Pamana ng Lahi Award of the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG).
Gov. Victor A. Tanco is happy that Capiz was one of the five provinces in Western Visayas to be evaluated.
“This shows that our province is doing sincere service — people above self,” the governor said.
Capiz was evaluated according to five performance areas of governance:
- Administrative Governance (development planning, revenue generation, resource allocation and utilization, financial accountability, customer service, and human resource management and development)
- Social Governance (health and nutrition education; housing and basic utilities; peace, security and disaster risk management)
- Economic Governance (agriculture and fisheries development; entrepreneurship, business and industry; and promotion)
- Environmental Governance (natural resources management, and waste and pollution control); and
- Local Legislation (Sangguniang Panlalawigan resolutions and ordinances).
The Gawad Pamana ng Lahi is a recognition given to the local government units that excel in the above-mentioned areas.
Evaluation criteria include Local Governance Performance Management System (70 points), Innovations (15 points), and Awards Received (15 points).
The evaluation team, headed by DILG Assistant Regional Director Margie Biligan, was composed of government and nongovernment workers.
Last year, Capiz won third place in the Gawad Pamana ng Lahi Award Provincial Category in Western Visayas./PN